An easy low-carb tomato soup
Confession: this recipe is definitely emphasizing the "quick" in Low Carb Quick.
Admittedly, I struggle with making low carb bread. It's a hassle and takes up too much time.
Our Favorite Low Carb Bread...
We used SOLA's Sweet Oat bread. Truly, I have been hiding the last little bit of the loaf from my family in the back of the fridge.
I was saving it for when I had an opportunity to make a white American grilled cheese sandwich and develop a recipe for a quick tomato soup. Today, I was home alone and decided to use the opportunity to make a low carb grilled cheese and tomato soup.
Low carb bread that actually tastes like regular bread
This bread is relatively inexpensive, especially for what you're getting in taste and health. I typically purchase the 3-pack, freezing two of them until it its time to use.
Is Sola Bread any good?
We're a family of 3 and it takes about a week per loaf. I probably should've been watching my carb-count a bit more during that time, but there's only 3g net carbs per slice. Not too bad if you are really missing your bread fix.
What else can I have with low-carb tomato soup?
You could also sprinkle a bit of shredded parmesan cheese on top, a bit of avocado or crumbly quest fresco to liven it up.
If you usually like crackers in your soup, I also suggest using cheese crisps (usually found in the deli section of your local grocery store).
Low Carb Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup
Tomato Soup Ingredients:
Grilled Cheese Ingredients:
- 4 slices SOLA low-carb bread, or your choice
- 6 slices white American cheese
Grilled Cheese Instructions:
- Combine soup ingredient in pot over med-high heat until cooked through.
- I used three slices American Cheese between my bread, but add as much or little cheese as you want.
- Add 1 Tbsp. butter to frying pan to grill cheese. Add another Tbsp. butter when flipped. Press until cheese is melted. Serve with parsley as a garnish.