Keto Shrimp Ceviche
Keto Shrimp Ceviche made with avocado, cilantro, lime juice, onion, cucumbers and more. A Mexican favorite, low carb style.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 lb shrimps peeled, deveined and cooked
- ¾ cup cucumber diced
- ½ cup red onion diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced lengthwise
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- ½ jalapeño minced
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ⅓ cup orange juice optional
- ½ tsp salt
- keto friendly tortilla chips optional
- hot sauce optional
*To cook shrimp: Fill a large pot with water, add salt, and bring it to a boil over high heat. Turn off the heat, add the shrimp and let them cook for 2-3 minutes or until they turn pink. Drain and set aside until cool.
In a bowl place cooked shrimps, cucumber, red onions, cherry tomatoes, jalapeño, avocado, and cilantro.
Pour lime juice and orange juice over the shrimp mixture. Add salt and toss everything to coat.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 45 min to marinate.
Serve immediately with tortilla chips and enjoy.
- It is advisable to consume shrimp ceviche fresh. However, you can store the leftovers in an airtight container for 1 day in the refrigerator.
- Freezing is not recommended.
- I’ve used small bite-size shrimp in the recipe as it makes the Ceviche easier to eat. But, you can use larger shrimp as well that have been diced into bite-size pieces.
- Ceviche must be marinated for at least an hour, so don’t skip that.
Calories: 128kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 183mg | Sodium: 433mg | Potassium: 518mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 403IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 91mg | Iron: 1mg