Cheesy Sloppy Joe Casserole (keto)
Sloppy joe covered mushroom casserole with Monterey jack cheese topping. Low-carb and keto friendly, a healthy and easy weeknight dinner idea.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, diced finely
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp powdered erythritol
- 1 tbsp xanthan gum (to thicken, optional)
- 2 cups monterrey jack or pepper jack cheese
Preheat oven to 350º F. Remove stems from mushrooms and set aside.
Brown ground beef on med heat. Add all other ingredients, including mushrooms. Stir occasionally. Drain thoroughly.
Spray baking dish with non-stick spray. Add ground beef mixture.
Layer Monterey Jack cheese on casserole and bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is golden.
Calories: 264kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 7.6g | Saturated Fat: 2.7g | Cholesterol: 101mg | Sodium: 411mg | Fiber: 2.4g