A cheesy sloppy Joe casserole that’s like Manwhich, but gluten-free and keto friendly!
This sloppy joe remix is an easy and cheesy sloppy Joe casserole without all the carbs! This is by far the BEST keto sloppy Joe recipe out there.
Comfort food remix: sloppy Joe casserole recipe
I remember the sweet and savory sloppy Joes my mom used to make as a kid. Alright, they were straight out of the can, but still tasted like heaven.
I wanted to mimic that comfort food here, but without all the added sugar and unpronounceable ingredients.
This cheesy keto friendly sloppy Joe casserole is delicious.
What can I substitute for hamburger in sloppy Joes?
If you don’t have hamburger meat, you may make this casserole with ground chicken, ground turkey, or pork.
What can I add to sloppy Joe casserole?
Some great ways to jazz up your keto sloppy Joes include:
- Adding jalapeño peppers
- Add cauliflower or cauliflower rice
- Make it extra cheesy by adding cheese right into the casserole dish with the hamburger meat mixture.
How many calories does regular sloppy Joes have?
Regular sloppy Joe’s contain about 650 cal for each “Manwich.”
These low carb sloppy joes have only 264 calories.
How many carbs does regular sloppy Joes have?
There’s about 48 g of carbohydrates in each sloppy Joe sandwich made with a regular bun.
This keto-friendly sloppy Joe casserole has only 8g. carbs.
How do I make sloppy Joes spicy?
If you’d like to make these sloppy Joe’s extra spicy, simply add fresh or pickled jalapeños, chilies or your favorite pepper.
What can I substitute for mushrooms?
Not a fan of mushrooms?
Simply substitute mushrooms for your favorite low-carb veggie.
I recommend extra bell peppers or shredded cabbage!
How do I make sloppy Joes in the instant pot?
To make this recipe in the instant pot, follow the following instructions:
- Brown ground beef with onions on sauté setting at medium heat.
- Add another ingredients and stir
- Top with cheeses
What are other ways to use leftover sloppy Joes?
Using a low-carb tortilla, slice of bread, or bun, you can use leftover sloppy Joe’s and a sandwich or quesadilla.
Use this sloppy Joe casserole as a hot dog chili topping with coleslaw.
Are sloppy Joes keto?
They can be! I’m always on the lookout for new and exciting ways to remove the buns and bread from my diet. My usual go-to is zucchini, but that just didn’t fit here.
Mushrooms and beef go tougher like peas and carrots, so shrooms were the obvious choice for a keto-friendly, low-carb and sugar-free sloppy Joe recipe.
What seasonings do I add to make cheesy Sloppy Joe casserole?
Monterey Jack cheese is oh so creamy and delicious atop the sloppy Joe mix of mushrooms and beef.
The dijon mustard and sweet/savory seasoning of the green bell pepper-onion mixture are just mouth-watering.
How to make Cheesy Sloppy Joe Casserole:
Even on the keto diet, this cheesy sloppy Joe casserole is easy and delicious.
First, remove the stems from your mushrooms and chop the onion.
Next, brown your ground beef and add all other ingredients.
Now, add your ground beef mixture to a baking dish.
Finally, top with some delicious Monterey Jack cheese on top.
Bake until the cheese is golden and you’re all set!
What can I have instead of buns on keto sloppy joes?
Try the following alternatives to make sugar-free keto sloppy joes:
- Serve on baked fathead dough or make fathead keto sloppy Joe pockets
- Make keto sloppy Joe mix and bake inside peppers
- Pour the keto sloppy Joe sauce over pork rinds
- Add keto sloppy Joe mix to lettuce wraps
- Make a keto Philly cheesesteak recipe by adding in caramelized onions and extra peppers with white American
Can I freeze this casserole?
Simply seal in an air-tight freezer bag for up to a few months time if you’re meal prepping!
Hold long will sloppy Joe casserole keep in the fridge?
Keto sloppy Joe casserole should keep for about three days in the refrigerator.
Cheesy Sloppy Joe Casserole (keto)
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Remove stems from mushrooms and set aside.
- Brown ground beef on med heat. Add all other ingredients, including mushrooms. Stir occasionally. Drain thoroughly.
- Spray baking dish with non-stick spray. Add ground beef mixture.
- Layer Monterey Jack cheese on casserole and bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is golden.