This healthy, marbled keto banana nut bread is made with only a few simple ingredients. Almond, cocoa and cinnamon combine for the perfect sweet bread, but without all the carbs!
I’ve made banana bread for years and there’s just something comforting about that special blend of spices and aromas that fill your house.
Carbs in Bananas
Do bananas have carbs? Of course, they’re a sweet fruit. And, there are no “keto foods” as long as everything fits into your macros for the day, you’re find eating bananas on the keto diet.
How many carbs per banana?
If you’re on the keto diet, you know net carbs are what counts. A medium banana has around 24 g. net carbs. A small banana has about 20 grams net carbs.
How many carbs per slice of banana bread?
Each piece of this banana nut bread loaf contains 8 g. net carbs, perfectly fine if you budget it into your daily goals.
Are bananas healthy?
Bananas are high in: fiber, vitamin B6, vitamin C, potassium and magnesium and each is around 100 calories.
- mashed banana (about 2 large bananas)
- erythritol (replace with ½ cup granulated sugar or monk fruit)
- oil (sunflower or canola)
- almond flour
- cocoa powder
- vanilla extract
- baking powder
The marbled version of this recipe is delicious, but you could modify it by adding some chocolate chips or chopped walnuts or pecan nuts.
If you’re using chocolate chips, I recommend Lily’s brand.
How to quickly ripen bananas
Ripe bananas work best for making banana bread.
No ripe bananas?
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees farenheight and Place whole bananas on a baking sheet lined with foil and bake them for about 17 minutes, checking a few minutes before.
How to make marbled banana bread
This simple recipe can be made in 3 easy steps:
- Preheat and combine ingredients in a bowl.
- Remove some of the batter to make cocoa batter (for marbled swirls).
How do I store leftover banana bread?
Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days, it will remain moist and delicious.
Can I freeze baked banana nut bread?
Freeze it by pieces with plastic paper and reheat in a toaster oven, skillet, or thawed on the countertop for at least 3 hours.
Can I make this with coconut flour?
If you’re a fan of coconut flour, yes you can use it for this recipe. However, the texture will be a more spongy. Substitute the almond flour in this recipe for 1½ cups coconut flour if that’s all you have on hand.
- The chocolate is mild; add one more tbsp of cocoa powder if desired.
- Spotted, very ripe bananas to get the best out of this recipe.
- Baking it at 350F – 375F is possible for faster bread, but reduce the baking time to 35-40 minutes.
What to serve with banana bread
I like to enjoy a nice warm cup of hot chocolate or coffee with my banana bread.
Keto Banana Nut Bread (Marbled)
- loaf pan
- Pre-heat oven to 325F and grease an 8’’ loaf mold with butter. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs in a medium bowl. Add oil, mashed banana and sweetener. Whisk to combine.
- Add vanilla extract, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Mix until combined.
- Add almond flour, cup by cup. Stir with spatula until well combined.
- Separate ⅓ to ½ of the batter into a small bowl. Add one tablespoon of cacao powder. Stir to incorporate.
- Take the prepared mould and spoon some of the banana batter on the inside, then add cacao batter and cover with the rest of the banana batter. Shake the mould to level the batter evenly.
- Bake it at 325F for 50 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean or with tiny (insignificant) lumps, as it’ll finish cooking with its own heat.
- Let it cool completely before serving or it could break apart.
- The chocolate taste is mild, so add one more tbsp of cacao powder if desired.
- Choose spotted very ripe bananas to get the best out of this recipe.
- A slow baking makes the loaf cake very moist and its edges soft, but baking it at 350F – 375F is possible, you’ll need to reduce the baking time to 35-40 minutes.
- Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days, it will remain moist and delicious.
- Freeze it by pieces with plastic paper and reheat in a toaster or a skillet.