Creamed spinach-stuffed mushrooms are the perfect keto appetizer!
Are mushrooms keto?
Yes, mushrooms are not only keto-friendly, but they are only 15 calories per serving and give a whopping 2.2 g. protein too!
How many carbs are in baby portobello mushrooms?
According to Very Well Fit, Keto mushrooms only have 2.3 carbs per serving.
What are some ways to stuff mushrooms?
There are so many ways to stuff mushrooms, and they pair excellently with cream cheese mixes! Cream cheese helps keep the stuffing bits together while baking inside the mushroom.
Some of my favorites are buffalo chicken and cream cheese, bacon and cream cheese, jalapeño peppers and cream cheese, and more.
What can I serve with keto stuffed mushrooms and spinach?
Mushrooms are such a versatile side dish that they can go with just about anything. Stuffed mushrooms are great with red meat and fish, especially.
What ingredients do I need to make stuffed mushrooms?
Most stuffed mushroom recipes start out with a cream cheese filling.
For this recipe, you’ll only need for ingredients:
- cream cheese
- baby portobello mushrooms
- Italian shredded cheese blend
How do I make creamed spinach-stuffed mushrooms?
To begin, wash and prepare your mushrooms.
Next, remove the caps by gently twisting them off. Discard the caps and set the mushrooms aside.
To prepare a cream cheese, heat in the microwave for about 15 to 20 seconds to soften.
Add in your spinach mixture and stir until incorporated. If you’re using frozen spinach, make sure to drain all the water first. Nobody likes a soggy mushroom!
How long do I cook the mushrooms?
Once stuffed, pop into the oven for about 15-20 minutes at a pre-heated 350 degree oven.
Creamed Spinach-Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1 pkg baby portobello mushrooms caps removed
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 c. spinach cooked (or 1 frozen pack)
- ½ c. Italian cheese blend shredded
- Wash mushrooms in a coriander and remove caps.
- In a large mixing bowl soften cream cheese in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Add spinach to the mixture and combine.
- Using a small spoon, add the cream cheese mixture to the inside caps of the mushrooms.
- Top with Italian cheese blend and bake at 350°F for 12-15 minutes.