These low carb creamed spinach stuffed mushrooms bake in only 15 minutes and are a healthy appetizer. The perfect keto finger food for parties, or serve as a side dish to any meal. Try air fried or baked!
Are stuffed mushrooms keto friendly?
However, I do recommend making your own stuffed mushrooms, as many restaurants tend to add in extra breading to their baked mushrooms.
How many carbs are in mushrooms?
You might be wondering, are mushrooms keto?
Yes, in fact, mushrooms are low in calories and only have 2.3 carbs per serving. Plus, there’s only 5 grams of carbs per serving with this recipe for stuffed mushrooms with cream cheese and spinach.
How to make keto stuffed mushrooms
There are so many ways to stuff mushrooms, and they pair excellently with cream cheese mixes! Cream cheese helps keep the stuffing bits together while baking inside the mushroom.
Some of my favorites are buffalo chicken and cream cheese, bacon and cream cheese, jalapeño peppers and cream cheese, and more.
For this recipe, you’ll only need these simple ingredients:
- cream cheese
- white mushrooms or baby portobello mushrooms
- fresh spinach
- fresh parsley
- olive oil
- grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
How to make mushrooms stuffed with spinach
- Wash mushrooms and remove their stems.
- Cook garlic with chopped stems.
- Add fresh spinach, salt / pepper, cream cheese, parsley and parmesan.
- Fill mushrooms, top with extra parmesan and bake!
How long do I cook the mushrooms?
Once stuffed, place mushrooms in a non-stick baking tray and bake them for 12-15 minutes at 375°F.
How do I make stuffed mushrooms in the air fryer?
Make these spinach parmesan stuffed mushroom caps right in the air fryer by cooking them for only 5-7 minutes instead of the full 15.
How do I make these without cream cheese?
To make these mushrooms without cream cheese, you may use 1/4 cup of sour cream or goat cheese instead. Or, use a vegan cream cheese made with cashews.
What can I substitute for spinach?
No spinach? Try…
- ground beef or turkey
How do I season creamy stuffed spinach mushrooms?
If you like a bit more kick, try adding cajun seasoning or red pepper flakes. Or, try Italian seasoning for a perfectly seasoned mushroom cap!
- Add some low carb breadcrumbs, pork rinds or panko to the filling for a little crunch.
- You can make this recipe in advance. Keep filled mushrooms covered in the fridge until baking time.
Creamed Spinach-Stuffed Mushrooms
- Wash mushrooms and remove their stems. Chop stems into small pieces.
- Add olive oil to a skillet and heated over medium heat. Add chopped garlic andchopped mushrooms stems. Stir until golden and fragrant.
- Add fresh spinach and stir until cooked. Add salt and pepper.
- Add cream cheese (is better if it is softned or choped). Combined ingredients andremove from heat.
- Add chopped parsley and 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese. Stir to combine.
- Fill mushrooms with 1⁄2 tbsp if the creamy spinach mix. Sprinkle some extraparmesan cheese on top of the mushrooms.Place mushrooms in a non-stick baking tray and bake them for 12-15 minutes at375F. They should be fork-tender.
- Remove from the oven and drain the excess liquid of the tray.Serve hot!
More spinach mushroom recipes…
Spinach Mushroom Dip
Spinach Mushroom Frittata
Spinach Mushroom Quesadilla