This fast and easy Instant Pot cabbage soup is made in only 3 minutes on high pressure. Try this delicious vegetarian soup in the pressure cooker for an effortless and healthy meal.
How do I prepare Instant Pot cabbage soup?
This cabbage soup is made in two easy steps:
- Add ingredients to the instant pot/ pressure cooker
- Cook on high pressure for 3 minutes, then natural release for at least 5 minutes.
How many calories does cabbage soup have?
Cabbage soup is usually under 300 calories per one cup serving. This cabbage soup has only 48 calories per cup.
How many carbs does cabbage soup have?
Cabbage soup is usually under 20 carbs per serving. This cabbage soup has 12 g. Carbs per serving, making it perfect for low carb diets.
Additionally, cabbage has been shown to reduce inflammation, increase heart health and it may lower blood pressure.
How long will cabbage soup keep in the fridge?
This soup will keep for up to 3 days in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
Can I freeze cabbage soup?
I do not recommend freezing cabbage soup because the leaves take on a rubbery texture after reheating.
How do I make it in the slow cooker?
To make this recipe in the slow cooker, add all ingredients and set at low for 4-6 hours or high for approximately 2-3 hours.
Can I make this recipe with other ingredients?
Add any of the following ingredients to jazz up your soup:
- Beans / potatoes
- Peas, carrots, corn or other favorite vegetables
- Ground beef / shredded leftover chicken / kielbasa
How do I make this soup creamy?
To make this a creamy soup, simply add 4 oz. cream cheese after cooking.
How do I make this soup spicy?
Add in some diced jalopeño, taco seasoning, or chili peppers.
You may also use diced tomatoes and chiles instead of roasted tomatoes.
What sides go with cabbage soup?
The best sides for cabbage soup include:
- Grilled cheese
- Side salad, such as a lemon kale cesar
- Cheese crisps
- Shredded cheese
3- Minute Instant Pot Cabbage Soup
- 3 cups cabbage chopped
- 1 pkg taco seasoning *or mild taco seasoning if preferred
- 14.5 oz stewed tomatoes
- 32 oz vegetable broth *or chicken broth
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Add all ingredients to pressure cooker/ instant pot.
- Cook at high pressure for 3 minutes.
- Natural release for at least 5 minutes, then release valve.