This instant pot spicy cabbage beef soup is perfect for cold winter days. It’s so easy, it practically cooks itself!
I was thinking back to when I made my chicken cabbage “noodle” soup and decided to whip up a nice hearty beef soup recipe.
- lean ground beef
- chopped cabbage
- diced tomatoes and chiles
- taco seasoning
- mushrooms and/or celery (chopped) optional
- veggie or beef broth (optional)
How do I cook cabbage soup with beef in the pressure cooker/Instant Pot/Foodie?
To begin, sauté ground beef until browned.
Next, add your taco seasoning and sliced mushrooms (optional).
Top with cabbage, then two cans of diced tomatoes (I like to use diced tomatoes and chiles).
Voila! Beefy cabbage soup!
How do I make cabbage soup low carb/keto?
The spicy cabbage beef soup is low in carbs because we’re not using noodles. Instead, we are using more veggies that are low in carbohydrates.
And, it’s healthier because lean ground hamburger beef does not have any carbs.
What vegetables can I add to cabbage and beef soup?
I like to add mushrooms (very low in carbs) and tomatoes to my cabbage and beef soup, but you may prefer to add other fresh or canned veggies to your hamburger cabbage stew.
Some other veggies to include in your soup:
- Carrots (higher in carbs, so be careful)
- Green beans
How do I season spicy cabbage hamburger soup?
I like to use my favorite low-carb taco seasoning, but you can also use:
- Packet of French onion soup seasoning
- Lemon pepper
- Italian seasoning blend
What can I substitute if I don’t have ground beef?
If you don’t have hamburger meat, use any of these substitutes:
- Ground chicken, pork or turkey
- diced steak or chicken – be sure to try our Instant Pot chicken stew too!
Can I freeze hamburger cabbage soup?
If placed in an airtight freezer bag, this soup should keep in the freezer for up to three months.
To thaw, place overnight in the refrigerator.
Then, simply warm on the stove top when you’re ready to eat.
Spicy Cabbage Beef Soup
- 1 lb ground beef lean
- 3 cups cabbage chopped
- 2 cans diced tomatoes and chiles 14.5 oz each
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- ½ cup mushrooms (chopped) optional
- on sauté, brown ground beef
- add cabbage, tomatoes/chiles, taco seasoning
- Cook on high pressure for 1 minute. Release (vent).