Only 3 ingredients for this delectable keto friendly, low carb, gluten-free and sugar-free caramel syrup. Pairs perfectly on sugar free brownies, ice cream, or with fruit.
Can I have caramel on the keto diet?
Regular caramel has a ton of sugar and carbs.
One serving of regular caramel can pack a punch of up to 50 g. total carbohydrates!
This caramel sauce, however, tastes just the same with only 1 carb per serving and it is under 100 calories.
Is this caramel like regular caramel?
Yes. In fact, it reminds me of old fashioned caramel from fairs or caramel covered popcorn, similar to Cracker Jacks.
How do I make caramel sauce low carb?
Easy. Only three ingredients! You’ll need:
- heavy whipping cream
- granulated erythritol
- … and a pinch of salt if you like salty caramel 😉
If you’re only on a low carb diet, you may also want to add a teaspoon of molasses.
It helps give a darker color and a bit more of an old fashioned flavor.
No molasses on hand? No worries. Your caramel sauce will be brilliant regardless.
What can I serve with keto caramel drizzle?
This keto caramel reminds me of the old fashioned caramel on Cracker Jacks. This caramel pairs nicely with:
How do I store keto caramel sauce?
Just seal in a glass jar and store in the fridge for up to a week. If you need to reheat, just place in the microwave for 30-45 seconds and give it a stir.
Keto Caramel Sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup granulated erythritol
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 pinch salt optional
- 1 tsp molasses optional
- Add butter to medium heat, stirring until fully melted. Wait 5-10 minutes.
- When butter is golden brown, add in other ingredients and stir until just incorporated. Reduce heat to low setting.
- For 15-20 minutes, do not stir and allow sauce to simmer. Remove and place in a glass jar to keep. Use microwave to reheat, then stir as needed to use again. Serve over fruit, chocolate, or ice cream.
If you like keto caramel, you’ll love:
- Keto vanilla wafers
- Banana Cream Pudding
- Brownie bites with caramel drizzle
- Keto Spice cake with Bourbon Glaze
- Spinach Cream Mushrooms
- Strawberry Keto Pepper Jelly
This recipe was inspired by Delish’s recipe for caramel.