The best air fryer ribeye steak is not only perfectly crisp and juicy; it's the most delicious steak I've ever tasted.
What is the 'ribeye' meat exactly?
The ribeye, or prime rib, section of the meat comes from the same area. A ribeye steak is cut from the primal rib section of the animal. And, the ribeye is a great cut of meat that's perfectly juicy.
Can you cook steak in the air fryer?
Yes, you can cook any steak in the air fryer. However, it is recommended to air fry just enough and not overcook and dry out the meat.
How do I cook steak in the air fryer?
Easily, with these top tips:
- Yes, leave the fat and/or bone in the steak
- And, allow the steak to reach room temperature for 30 minutes - 1 hour before placing into the preheated air fryer
What's the best cut of steak for the air fryer?
The best cut of steak depends on your budget and flavor preferences.
Personally, I prefer a ribeye steak over all others. The fatty portions give the steak a great flavor while allowing it to sizzle to a crusty perfection.
Can I air fry steak from frozen? How to air fry a frozen ribeye steak.
Yes, you can air fry a frozen ribeye steak directly from the freezer.
Hey, life gets busy. While the preferred method is fresh and left to sit at room temperature, you still can cook from frozen if you are in a pinch for time.
- First, preheat air fryer to 360 degrees
- Then, set to 26 minutes total, flipping half way through.
- Finally, for well done, add 2-3 minutes to each side.
How long do I cook steak in the air fryer?
In short, the cooking time of your air fried steak will depend on your wellness preference. I prefer a medium well to well done steak, so I like to put fresh meat into the air fryer once preheated and leave it in on each side for about 10-12 minutes.
Afraid of overcooking? Hey, it's ok to open and take a peek if you quickly return and continue cooking the ribeye after checking.
What setting do I use on my Foodi/Instant Pot?
To air fry the steak, you'll want to make sure to set to "air crisp" or "air fry" and NOT on the "roast" setting.
What can I cook with air fried steak?
This recipe is inspired by one of my favorite blogs, Spend with Pennies.
Air Fryer Ribeye Steak
- air fryer
- 1 tbsp montreal steak seasoning (or favorite steak seasoning)
- 2 medium ribeye steaks with fat
- 2 slices unsalted butter
- Preheat air fryer to 390°F for approximately 5 minutes
- While air fryer is heating, season steak on both sides after patting dry with a paper towel
- Place ribeye steak on air fryer grill with butter slices on top
- Cook for approximately 9-13 minutes on each side, depending on your favorite wellness level