These keto buffalo chicken chaffles are a crispy, easy go-to snack and perfect for dipping.
What is a “chaffle”?
“Chaffles” were created by the low-carb and keto community to have in place of high-carb breads.
Nowadays, it seems like all you see is chaffles!
And, there’s a ton of combos out there! (see the ultimate chaffle guide from Wholesome Yum here).
How many carbs are in this buffalo chicken chaffle recipe?
This buffalo chicken chaffle only has 1 carb.
In comparison to a regular buffalo chicken sandwich from a restaurant, you’re saving dozens of carbs here.
How do I make buffalo chicken chaffles?
These buffalo chicken chaffles are easy to make, but you’ll need to know a few tips before you begin.
First, turn on your mini waffle maker on high (most only have one setting).
Next, spray with non-stick cooking spray (I use olive oil).
Then, you’ll want to add a layer of cheddar jack cheese to the bottom part of the waffle maker.
Quickly layer with your buffalo chicken mix and add even more more shredded cheddar jack cheese.
Close your waffle maker and cook for about 5 minutes.
How do I keep my chicken chaffle from sticking to the mini waffle maker?
To prevent sticking, do not open your waffle maker until time is up.
If you must check, only open a teeny tiny bit. If the cheese pulls, close immediately.
You’ll end up with a nice caramelized cheese crust when it’s finished cooking.
What ingredients do I need to make a keto buffalo chicken chaffle?
For this recipe, you’ll only need four ingredients.
Canned chicken (or shredded chicken), buffalo sauce, 2 eggs, and cheddar jack cheese blend (also called Mexican blend).
Can you make a buffalo chicken sandwich keto?
Yes, and this chaffle does not taste like eggs!
Why? Because the hot sauce and the chicken are so flavorful!
What is the best dip for the buffalo chicken chaffle?
I like to cut my chaffle into thirds and dip into my favorite ranch or blue cheese dressing.
You may also add some sour cream and chives if that’s your fancy.
How do I make sure my chaffle sticks together?
I had absolutely no problems getting my chaffle to stick together.
To make sure it sticks, thoroughly drain the canned chicken and completely dry with a paper towel before adding the eggs and cheese.
Buffalo Chicken Chaffle
- cooking spray
- 10 oz can of shredded chicken thoroughly drained and patted dry with paper towel
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup Mexican cheddar shredded cheese (or cheddar)
- 1½ tbsp Louisiana hot sauce (or buffalo sauce of your choice)
- 1 tbsp ranch (or other dipping sauce, optional)
- Mix chicken, cheese, buffalo sauce and eggs with a fork in a medium bowl. Reserve some of the shredded cheese for later. Set aside.
- Heat waffle maker to hot and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add a thin layer of shredded cheese to the waffle maker, then top with buffalo chicken mixture. Top with another thin layer of cheese.
- Cook for approximately 4-5 minutes. Cheese should be caramelized and non-stick as long as it isn't disturbed.
- Top with more buffalo sauce or dip in ranch to enjoy.