Looking for a healthy, low-carb side dish? These sautéed buttery Italian mushrooms are easy and delicious recipe for the low-carb/keto lifestyle.
Can I have mushrooms on the keto diet?
Yes! Mushrooms are not only super low in carbs, but they also offer 1.8 g. of protein, only 19 calories and 313 mg (8% daily value) of potassium, according to the USDA.
So, how many carbs are in sautéed portobello mushrooms?
Portobello mushrooms (like the ones in this recipe) have only 2.2 g. net carbs per entire cup, making them perfect for the keto or low carb diet.
For one serving of this recipe, the total carb count is only 3 g per serving.
What can I serve with these buttery Italian mushrooms?
These simple and easy, one-pan mushrooms go well with just any protein. Some of my favorites are:
How do I sauté mushrooms?
The word sauté literally means to fry quickly and this recipe is no exception. In as little as 5-6 minutes, you'll have completed the entire recipe.
How to cook mushrooms in butter
It's as easy as 1-2-3!
- To start, use 2 tablespoons of butter, melted on medium heat.
- Next, add in your whole mushrooms (don't forget to wash and allow them to dry first).
- Finally, add in the garlic and Italian seasonings and allow some simmer time (about 3-5 minutes).
Can I use white mushrooms instead of baby portobellos?
Yes, if white mushrooms is what you have on-hand, feel free to use those instead.
I find baby Bellas have a bit more flavor, so be sure to season your white mushrooms accordingly.
Additionally, you may need to add in a bit extra seasoning, garlic or butter depending on your taste preference.
Sautéed Buttery Italian Mushrooms
- 2 tbsp butter
- 8 oz baby portobello mushrooms whole
- 1½ tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- On medium heat, add butter and whole mushrooms to pan and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and sautee for additional 3-5 minutes, or until mushrooms soften.
If you like buttery Italian mushrooms, you'll love:
This recipe was inspired by Rachel Cooks.