Cast-iron Pizza Casserole
How can I make the perfect deep-dish keto pizza?
Notice I didn't use pizza sauce in this recipe. Instead, I used spaghetti sauce, which I think has more of a rich taste for casseroles than pizza sauce.
Tips for cooking your pizza casserole:
How do I make pizza casserole keto friendly?
Can I make other substitutions for a keto pizza?
- bbq sauce, chicken and onions instead of pizza sauce/ground beef
- meat lover's pizza with ham, Italian sausage, and beef
- Philly cheesesteak pizza with steak, peppers, onion, and white American cheese
A few ideas if you LOVE pizza casserole:
- make it ahead of time and freeze for easy meal prep
- add in extra cheeses to make a cheesy pizza party dip
- make leftovers into a pizza shashuka for breakfast (eggs baked into the tomato sauce)
Deep-dish pizza casserole (keto)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ⅓ cup green olives
- 12 slices pepperoni
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 tbsp pickled jalapeños
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms
- 1.5 cup low carb spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Meanwhile, on med-high heat, brown ground beef with onions and green peppers. Drain any excess juice.
- Add low-carb pizza sauce, pepperoni, green olives, mushrooms and jalapeños. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until cheese is golden.
If you like this keto deep-dish pizza casserole, you'll love: