This delicious keto chicken noodle soup is just as comforting as the original, with few ingredients and delicious flavors.
Can I have pasta on a keto diet?
No, but you there are foods you can substitute for noodles if you’re craving a delicious low-carb chicken noodle soup.
My favorite is cabbage because it has a similar texture to noodles and really absorbs the full flavors of the chicken broth.
How do I make keto chicken noodle soup?
This soup is so easy, made with chicken bouillon cubes. If you prefer a traditional soup, you can always use chicken stock instead.
I used chicken breast cutlets in this recipe, but for a bit more flavor, add in cubed chicken thighs instead.
Low carb chicken noodle soup without cabbage
Low Carb Chicken “noodle” Cabbage Soup
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt to taste
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 medium cabbage, chopped
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- Bring 8 cups of water to a boil with 1 chicken bouillon cube, carrots, and celery.
- Cut chicken into 1/2 inch cubes and add to boiling water. Cook on low-medium for 20 minutes.
- Add chopped cabbage and cook until cabbage is soft. Add salt and pepper to taste.