This delicious keto chicken noodle soup is just as comforting as the original, with few ingredients and delicious flavors.
Can I have pasta on a keto diet?
No, but you there are foods you can substitute for noodles if you're craving a delicious low-carb chicken noodle soup.
My favorite is cabbage because it has a similar texture to noodles and really absorbs the full flavors of the chicken broth.
How do I make keto chicken noodle soup?
This soup is so easy, made with chicken bouillon cubes. If you prefer a traditional soup, you can always use chicken stock instead.
I used chicken breast cutlets in this recipe, but for a bit more flavor, add in cubed chicken thighs instead.
Low carb chicken noodle soup without cabbage
If you like cabbage, great! However, if you're not a fan of cabbage, you can try:
- zucchini noodles in your chicken soup
- peppers in your chicken soup (poblano peppers are delicious in soups and stews)
- cauliflower or broccol
- stewed tomatoes
- spaghetti squash
Don't be afraid to use your creativity to create alternatives when it comes to stews and soups!
Low Carb Chicken "noodle" Cabbage Soup
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt to taste
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 medium cabbage, chopped
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- Bring 8 cups of water to a boil with 1 chicken bouillon cube, carrots, and celery.
- Cut chicken into ½ inch cubes and add to boiling water. Cook on low-medium for 20 minutes.
- Add chopped cabbage and cook until cabbage is soft. Add salt and pepper to taste.
If you like low-carb chicken noodle soup, you'll love:
- Quick Chicken Taco Soup
- Creamy Chicken Poblano Soup
- Fast French Onion & Chicken Soup
- Creamy Spinach Chicken Casserole
- Tuna Salad with Sriracha
- Copycat Chick-fil-A Nuggets
A hearty, rich, traditional recipe, but remixed for a low-carb diet. This recipe was inspired by Dinner then Dessert's recipe, but less the noodles.