Make this creamy broccoli cheddar soup (keto) on the stovetop, in the slow cooker or Instant Pot.
How do I make keto broccoli cheddar soup?
This quick recipe uses half and half and cream cheese for it's creamy deliciousness. Follow the steps above as a quick guide to the recipe.
Can it be made spicy?
How many carbs are in broccoli cheddar soup?
My favorite restaurant broccoli and cheese soup is from Panera bread. However, there are about 17 g of carbs in one serving at the restaurant. For this recipe, we cut the carb count down to only 6 g.
How do I make broccoli cheddar soup without milk?
Instead of milk, which has lots of carbs, we used half and half with chicken broth for this recipe. You can also made broccoli cheddar soup with heavy cream and almond milk if that's what you have on hand.
This easy recipe is inspired by Simply Recipes, but without the flour and milk and by adding a bit extra broccoli florets.
How do I make it in the crock pot?
Make this simple recipe in the slow cooker by combining all ingredients at the same time and cooking on low for 3 to 4 hours. Also, be sure to open your crock pot and stir halfway through.
How to make it in the Instant Pot
This broccoli cheese soup can be made in the instant pot by:
- sautéing veggies and chicken broth on pressure for 1 minute
- vent after 5 minutes
- stir in other ingredients
- simmer on low for another 5-10 minutes and serve
Extra Creamy Keto Broccoli & Cheese Soup
- 3 ½ cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8 oz cream cheese, cut into 1 in. cubes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 stick stick butter
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 tbsp chives
- 1 yellow onion
- 4 tbsp bacon bits
- 1 cup heavy cream
- On medium heat, cook onion, carrot and broccoli in butter until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add broth (optional), cream cheese, heavy cream, and stir until cream cheese is incorporated. Add chives (optional). Cook an additional 15 minutes, on simmer.
- Serve with cheddar cheese and bacon bits, as desired.