An easy garlic pork and mushrooms recipe
Full of garlic juiciness, these garlic smothered pork and mushrooms are the best comfort food.
Don’t you just love the first sizzle of a nice pork chop being placed into the pan? When pork, mushrooms and buttery garlic combine, it’s the ultimate comfort food. I made them when my mom was in town visiting and it was just too easy.
Easy pork recipe in one pan!
…. just not all at once.
First, you’ll want to make sure to cook your pork chops and even sear them toward the end so they get that nice crispy outer layer.
Pork chops with paprika
Be sure to coat the pork chops with some paprika before frying. That’ll also help them get a nice seared look toward the end. Gotta love shortcuts, eh?
Next, you’ll remove the pork chops and set aside so you can make the mushroom, garlic and cream sauce. Be sure to add in the cream toward the end, so it can soak up all the delectable goodness of butter and garlic.
Finally, add back in the pork chops and simmer on low heat for an additional 3-5 minutes.
What can I serve pork chops with?
We had a nice Caesar salad as a side, complete with parmesan cheese and bacon. Yum! I also recommend serving it up with a nice side dish. Check out our cauliflower potato salad. This recipe was inspired by The Food Network, but it’s keto friendly and doesn’t require flour or too many ingredients.
Garlic Smothered Pork & Mushrooms
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- 3 tbsp paprika
- 8 oz baby portobello mushrooms
- 3/4 cup half & half
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 5 tsp butter
- Sprinkle both sides of each pork chop with paprika.
- On med-high heat, cook pork chops in butter, turning up heat at the end to sear each side.
- Remove pork from skillet and reduce heat to low-med. Add in mushrooms, garlic, and additional 1-3 Tbsp. butter if needed.
- Add in half & half once mushrooms are finished cooking. Add pork back to skillet and allow 5 minutes to simmer.