A healthier, low-carb option for chicken nuggets
These copycat Chick-fil-A nuggets are an easy weeknight dinner and perfect for picky eaters.
Like most moms, I love the convenience of drive-through chicken nuggets, but not so much the carb count.
Check out the nutritional info of Chick-fil-A nuggets, if you're interested.
I wanted to find a way to replicate that deliciousness in a more healthy way. Enter: drive through copycat nuggets at home.
Copycat Chick-fil-A Nuggets: A secret ingredient
If you want that extra flavor brought out in your chicken, you can marinate your bare chicken bits in pickle juice for a couple of hours.
I've heard this is Chick-fil-A's secret and it's super yummy!
How so I make the copycat chicken nuggets crunchy?
The real secret here is to get your oil hot enough so the nuggets sizzle when plopped into the pan.
You'll also want to make sure to paper towel-dry the chicken before bathing them in your whisked egg mixture. This way, they'll be primed to absorb more egg.
What can I serve low-carb copycat Chick-fil-A nuggets with?
My favorite low-carb barbecue sauce is G Hughes because there's no aftertaste and only 2 g. carbs per serving.
You'll also find low-carb options with many hot sauces since they're mostly a combination of vinegar and pepper- and both are really low in carbs.
What can I serve as a side with chicken nuggets?
Perfect side dish options for nuggets include:
- side salad
- green beans
- coleslaw (find our easy 3-ingredient coleslaw here).
Copycat Chick-fil-A Nuggets
- 1 cup pickle juice optional, to marinate chicken bits before frying
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1.5 lb chicken breast, cut into ½ in squares
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup finely ground almond flour
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp ground pepper
- .5 tsp salt
- Heat oil on med-high heat in medium pan.
- Slice chicken into ½ inch cubes. Pat dry with paper towel.
- submerge chicken into whisked eggs
- One at a time, transfer chicken pieces to bowl containing dry ingredients and place in frying pan.
- Flip nuggets after about 4-5 minutes on each side. Fry until golden brown. Remove and place on a plate with a paper towel.