Healthy Mango Habanero Drumsticks
3-Ingredient Mango Habanero Drumsticks are a budget-friendly dinner solution. Low-carb, baked crispy and juicy in the oven.
An healthy, easy and flavorful recipe!
Sweet and Spicy Chicken with Mango flavor
My favorite mango habanero seasoning is Lawry's (find it here), but there are many options available at your local grocery store or online.
You can even sub your favorite dry-rub here, so long as it's low-carb and low in added sugars.
How do you make baked drumsticks "sticky?"
- First, dry your drumsticks completely with a paper towel, before cooking. Speaking of cooking, make sure the oven temperature is hot enough. This helps the drumsticks make a nice leathery coating on the outside.
- Secondly, spray your baking dish or foil-lined pan with a thin layer of non-stick spray (I used vegetable oil spray here).
- Cover your drumsticks with dry-rub and spray again. Next, you'll want to cover them in dry-rub, then saturate the dry-rub with a layer of spray on top. Now, you're drumsticks will have that nice sticky/tough top.
- Finally, repeat step 3 again half-way through, after flipping the drumsticks.
What can I serve with mango habanero drumsticks?
When I made mango habanero drumsticks for my family, we simply paired it with a side salad. Some other keto/low-carb options for chicken sides include:
- green beans
- Keto Buttery Loaded Radishes
- Brussel sprouts
- cauliflower rice
Mago Habanero Drumsticks
- 10 chicken drumsticks
- ⅓ cup mango habanero seasoning
- 1 tbsp spray vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp Italian Seasoning, optional
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and coat cast-iron skillet (or baking dish) with vegetable oil spray.
- Pat drumsticks dry with napkin.
- Place drumsticks in pan and top with seasoning and gently spray top with enough vegetable oil to saturate seasoning. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove.
- Turn drumsticks over and coat other side with seasoning and bake a bit longer if needed.
This recipe was inspired by Tasty's recipe, but without the carbs!
If you like this recipe, you'll love: