One-pot creamy chicken poblano soup with broccoli and riced cauliflower. A fast and simple keto dinner recipe. So hearty and rich, a true comfort food.
Can I add poblano peppers to soup?
Yes, and they’re delicious. The cream and peppers are not too spicy combined with the hearty chicken.
A keto chowder
No need to fuss over dinner with this recipe, it’s as simple and hearty as it is easy.
Poblano pepper soup
Speaking of poblano peppers, I kind of see them as an in-between of jalapenos and bell peppers.
You’ll not feel too much heat from them, just a smidgen. But, boy oh boy, they are full of flavor and perfect for that one-pot meal that saves time. Who needs more dishes in the middle of the week?
How do I make a creamy pepper soup?
It’s a combo of the cream cheese and half and half.
I find that sometimes using heavy cream can just be too much cream.
You’ll want to still taste the full flavor of the chicken, broccoli and riced cauliflower… not just cream.
If you’re a big fan of poultry seasoning, feel free to add that in as well for that extra vibrance. At the base of this soup, you’ll have a nice poblano cream sauce recipe (even without the chicken added).
The perfect creamy chicken poblano detox soup….
If you’ve been sick, needing some extra comfort food or in need of some veggie-love, this low-carb poblano chowder is for you.
A delicious cream of poblano soup when you’re feeling blah.
Confession: I have a love-hate relationship with cauliflower.
While I do not think they taste like potatoes, I do believe they can add a special something to soups and stir-fry, if seasoned well.
If you enjoy this recipe, you’ll especially love Creamy Broccoli Cheddar Soup (keto)
Creamy Chicken Poblano & Veggie Soup
- Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes.
- Melt butter on med-high heat and add chicken for about 10-15 minutes until cooked.
- add poblano on top of chicken and steam until soft. Remove.
- Rinse poblano peppers under water to cool off. Chop steamed poblano peppers, removing all seeds.
- Add broccoli florets, peppers, softened cream cheese, half & half, spices, and riced cauliflower to pot of chicken. Stir occasionally on med heat until incorporated.